Sunday, January 10, 2010

But God




Michael was a breech baby who had a difficult birth. He spent 3 weeks in the newborn intensive care unit. The doctors gave us little hope for his life. "They" said he would probably never roll over, sit-up, crawl, walk, talk, or eat by mouth. He came home on a ng-tube (a tube going through his nose to his stomach).

BUT GOD......had different plans for his life and for mine.

Michael sat-up, crawled, walks (with a walker), talks (with a ACC device), and today I am so extremely happy to say EATS ALMOST ANYTHING BY MOUTH!!!!! He just finished his lunch which consisted of chicken broccoli alfredo pasta, some little smokies in crescent rolls. Earlier at breakfast he had cream of wheat, and some pancakes. His favorite foods are anything with cheese in it - grilled cheese, macaroni and cheese, pizza, cheetos, etc. We have to be careful because of his severe peanut allergy.

It has taken years of patience, lots of practice, and diligence. But by God's grace Michael can eat.

"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?" Matthew 6:25




I know that it could of been that he would of never learned to eat and I would of accepted that but today I can be happy and praise God for this blessing. As a mom one of my favorite things to do is feed my family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lorie, today at the Special Olympics district winter games I talked to a young man who is now helping the team. He ended up "volunteering" because he needed some service credits after making some wrong turns in his life, and finished his first day almost in tears as he realized how much the athletes had had to overcome to be able to take part in sports.

Remember how Jesus said that a blind man His disciples asked about was blind so that God could be glorified? The young man I met today is also reading his Bible every day now. Food (pun intended) for thought.

Candace said...

Hi Lori, So nice to meet you! Thanks for visiting my blog! I am going to follow you so I can get to know you and your beautiful family better! I am thrilled to find another h.s.ing mom with a special needs kiddo! It's hard to find. Hugs from SC!