Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year - Welcome to 2010



I want this year to be good. Not filled with wonderful things but things that will cause me to grow as a Christian.

We often treat suffering like a dodgeball game. Anytime anything painful comes at us, we jump out of the way. We spend our whole lives trying to avoid anything that will hurt or be hard. But there's a better kind of life - a deeper, more fulfilling kind of life - that isn't about avoiding every pain. It's about finding God faithful and powerful in the midst of whatever thorns He allows.

There's something about our weakness that opens the flow of God's strength.
When you are in the midst of a trial, there's a power coming into your life that you've never experienced before. When you see a hard thing coming, try saying, "I may not want this, but I know I'm going to see Christ working in my life in an incredible way."

God never allows a thorn but that He provides sufficient grace and strength in our weaknesses. Sufficient grace is not just enough to survive, but enough to have supernatural joy in the midst of anything He allows us to go through.

I also have other goals, to exercise more (who doesn't have this goal), to be much more diligent in schooling Michael, and to cook more (I watched Julia and Julie last night). But most of all I want my life to mean something, I want to make a difference.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You do make a difference, Lorie, to a lot of people! I would love to see you write about your life more often.

Your photo of Michael is so cute I saved it to my hard drive so I can show Laura.

All the best for a happy, healthy, prosperous 2010!

Unknown said...

I love you Lorie...you have stirred in me joy from our Lord. He is good all the time. I thank God that your family is safe. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me!!! I love you!!!
Rose

Unknown said...

That last comment is from Rose Campbell not Paul...