Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day Two of 2010 - House on fire!!!


I am thanking God tonite.

Our dryer caught on fire this afternoon while I was gone and Adi, Kristy and Michael were all upstairs laying around (Kristy was actually asleep). The smoke alarms went off but by then the house was filling up with smoke. Adi yelled for Kristy to get Michael out of the house and to call 911. She did and then called me hysterically crying because Adi wasn't coming out of the house. And here is where I had to totally trust in God that what he was allowing right now was in His control. What I wrote about yesterday was already going to be tested in my life. Would I believe what I wrote? Would I trust Him or give into fear? I hung up the phone with Kristy and prayed for safety for Adi and for our home that we have lived in for 23 years!

God was so good. Sure we lost our laundry room and a little bit of the office but it can be replaced. Adi, Kristy, and Michael were all safe. We have our home. There is so much to be thankful for. It could of happened when no-one was home or at night when we were all sleeping. A dryer and a washer, clothes, cabinets, walls, windows can all be replaced.

So tonite I am truly thankful as I lay down in my bed in my warm house with my family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so thankful that your family are OK. I actually thought about putting the dryer on before we left the house for a family party today, but then thought "no, perhaps not, just in case"... your story is a warning that those things can be dangerous.

Is there any way we can help?